Monday, December 19, 2011

Sourcing: Scientific tableware


I am a complete sucker for anything diagrammatic.  I love biological illustrations, catalogued collections, maps, etc.  

Left: Memento Mori plates by Animal Fabuleux.  I love this take on the very tired skull trend.  I'm so sick of people slapping skulls all over everything.  Thanks to Animal Fabuleux for reconnecting the skull with the rest of the skeleton and rendering it in a more scientific light.  Love, love, love how they've broken each skeleton out over a series of three plates, and that they used two different poses.  Image from www.animal-fabuleux.fr

Right:  Bone china butterfly plates by RE.  These remind me of cases of pinned butterflies.  I like how accurately drawn and un-flowery these butterflies are.  Image from www.re-foundobjects.com

No comments:

Post a Comment